Outside Sales Account Manager
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Company Overview Outside Sales Account Manager for Government
customers As an Outside Sales Account Manager for Government
division you will be responsible for an established portfolio of
Federal/SLED customers to maintain and drive Maintenance, Repair
and Operations (MRO) sales. This position offers a competitive base
salary plus sales incentive plan paid monthly. A laptop, cell
phone, and monthly expenses are included. The territory is San Jose
and surrounding areas and south to Monterey. There will be
overnight travel to Monterey once a month. HD Supply
(www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in
North America. The company provides a broad range of products and
value-add services to approximately 300,000 customers with
leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and
specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 44
Distribution Centers in 25 states and 2 Canadian provinces, the
company's approximately 5,500 associates provide localized,
customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or
direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions
that contribute to its customers' success. Job Description &
Qualifications Job Summary Responsible to profitably grow sales to
achieve yearly goals as a sales consultant for emerging industries
and markets to include prospecting new accounts, retaining existing
accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers.
This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal
Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of
the average work week. If selected for this position, the company
will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this
position is an acceptable MVR report. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers and
prospects new accounts to expand the customer base.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence in
assigned area. Shares market and competitor information with all
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision
makers and influencers on all levels of the organization.
- Attends monthly business meetings for company sponsored
associations. Participates in all local trade shows, and, if
required, similar regional / national activities.
- Assists in training or mentoring of associates. Nature and
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in
more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or
direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support or professional personnel. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3 or more years business to business (B2B) field sales
- Direct sales to HD Supply facility customers and industry
- Large volume of product lines experience.
- Organizational skills and knowledge of handheld
- Knowledge of facilities products such as hardware, electrical,
lighting, plumbing, janitorial and HVAC product lines.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Salesforce, or similar CRM.
- Experience with consultative selling/solution selling.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals in a remote
position. PRID PRID147 Job Locations US-CA-San Jose -
US-CA-Monterey - US-CA-Salinas - US-CA-Gilroy - US-CA-Santa Cruz -
US-CA-Palo Alto Job ID 2021-42913 Business Unit Facilities
Maintenance Functional Area Sales Remote Position? Yes Position
Type Full-Time Posting Location : Postal Code 95131 HD Supply is an
Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD
Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Gilroy , Outside Sales Account Manager, Executive , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!