Assistant Manager: Automotive Repair Shop
Company: Bruce's Tire
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Bruce's Tire & Auto Service has been in business since 1936, and
has been operated by the same family for generations. We strive to
create a family-like atmosphere for our team, and our customers. We
specialize in everything that rolls. From passenger and light truck
tires, to medium truck tires, to industrial and agricultural tires.
Bruce's also specializes in mechanical repairs, such as brakes,
suspension, and engine diagnostics. We are looking for good people
that we can grow with.
COMPENSATION: $55,000-$80,000 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
The Assistant Manager / Service Writer is responsible for selling
and promoting all products and services offered by Bruce's by
following the company's store standards and expectations.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Promptly greet customers in a professional and courteous manner
both in person and on the telephone using the Company's
standardized customer service techniques.
- Listen to and thoroughly document customer's concerns; inspect
vehicle and refer to service history to accurately identify and
verify customer's service needs.
- Recommend services according to appropriate level of knowledge.
Clearly communicate any additional recommendations from the
Automotive Technician to the customer so that they can make an
informed decision. Properly document all recommendations in
- Promote the sales of appropriate services, parts, and
accessories by demonstrating an understanding of the product and
associated service requirements.
- Provide customer with an accurate quote that includes cost and
time of completion for the services approved by the customer.
Provide customer with updates throughout the day on the status of
- Follow proper procedures when cashing out a customer's ticket
to include a review of the completed multi-point inspection and
explanation of applicable warranties.
- Conduct post repair and declined services follow up phone calls
to ensure customer satisfaction for all individual customers.
- Track all new returns, core returns and warranty parts for
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience as a Service Advisor is helpful, but not
- Professional appearance and proven ability to work in a process
- Possess valid CA driver's license, or obtain a valid CA
driver's license within 30 days of hire date
- Ability to work five days per week
- Competitive Bi-Weekly Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $3,000 annually
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Effective 1 st of the
Month after Hire)
- Life Insurance (Company paid)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Discounted Services on Personal and Immediate Family
- Opportunity for Advancement!
Sun Auto Tire & Service provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Bruce's Tire, Gilroy , Assistant Manager: Automotive Repair Shop, Executive , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!