Retail Team Lead (FT)
Company: New Balance Athletics, Inc.
Posted on: February 3, 2020
NEW BALANCE WAS FOUNDED ON ONE SIMPLE MAXIM: WE WERE BORN TO MOVE.
FOR OVER A CENTURY, THAT IDEA HAS INSPIRED US TO SUPPORT ATHLETES
OF ALL KINDS IN THEIR PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE, WHETHER THAT MEANS
WINNING A MEDAL OR JUST LEADING A MORE ACTIVE LIFESTYLE.
BUT AS PROUD AS WE ARE OF OUR HISTORY, WE RE EVEN MORE EXCITED
ABOUT OUR FUTURE. WE INNOVATE FEARLESSLY, GUIDED BY OUR CORE VALUES
AND DRIVEN BY THE BELIEF THAT CONVENTIONS WERE MEANT TO BE
CHALLENGED. WE SEEK LEADERS AND PIONEERS THOSE KINDRED SPIRITS WHO
FOLLOW ONLY THEIR PASSIONS BECAUSE TOMORROW BELONGS TO THE
COURAGEOUS OF TODAY.
JOIN US IN UPHOLDING A CULTURE OF INTEGRITY, TEAMWORK, AND
COMMUNITY. JOIN NEW BALANCE AND DECLARE YOUR INDEPENDENCE.
Retail Team Leads function as an extension of Store Management,
assisting with duties like opening/closing the store, interviewing
candidates, and training new hires. On the sales floor they lead by
example, demonstrating exceptional customer service and brand
* Be a positive leadership presence on the sales floor and foster
New Balance s company culture
* Actively coach associates on the NB GUEST service model
* Help recruit and interview top tier talent
* Coordinate volunteer opportunities with store management to build
our brand within the communities we serve
* Train current and new associates on the features and benefits of
* Play an integral part in the execution of inventory
* Assist store leadership with opening and closing the store
* Uphold and communicate visual merchandising and brand
* Follow safety regulations, including proper lifting procedures
and timely reporting of all accidents and near misses
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* 2 years retail supervisory experience preferred
* High school diploma or equivalent educational experience
* Demonstrated leadership ability
* Strong customer service and verbal communication skills
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a
thriving retail business, which may entail working on weekends and
* Ability to: lift 4 lbs. consistently; lift up to 45 lbs.
occasionally; push or pull 50 lbs. over 200 ft. occasionally; kneel
or squat frequently; stand for extended periods of time; climb
ladders occasionally; climb and descend stairs frequently
(depending on location)
OUR PRODUCTS ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE WE HIRE, SO WE MAKE
SURE TO HIRE THE BEST AND TREAT THEM ACCORDINGLY. IN ADDITION TO A
COMPREHENSIVE TRADITIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE (MEDICAL, DENTAL,
VISION, 401K, ETC.) WE PROUDLY OFFER A SLATE OF MORE NONTRADITIONAL
PERKS OPPORTUNITIES LIKE ON/OFFSITE SEMINARS, CUSTOMIZED TEAM
BUILDING SESSIONS, TUITION REIMBURSEMENT, AND VARIOUS MENTORSHIP
PROGRAMS THAT ENCOURAGE OUR ASSOCIATES TO GROW PERSONALLY AS THEY
DEVELOP PROFESSIONALLY. YOU LL ALSO ENJOY A FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE,
GYM DISCOUNTS, FITNESS REIMBURSEMENTS, AND VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES,
BECAUSE WORK-LIFE BALANCE IS MORE THAN JUST A BUZZWORD IT S PART OF
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY BENEFITS.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
NEW BALANCE PROVIDES EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL CURRENT AND
PROSPECTIVE ASSOCIATES AND TAKES AFFIRMATIVE ACTION TO ENSURE THAT
EMPLOYMENT, TRAINING, COMPENSATION, TRANSFER, PROMOTION AND OTHER
TERMS, CONDITIONS AND PRIVILEGES OF EMPLOYMENT ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT
REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL
ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGE, HANDICAP, GENETIC INFORMATION
AND/OR STATUS AS AN ARMED FORCES SERVICE MEDAL VETERAN, RECENTLY
SEPARATED VETERAN, QUALIFIED DISABLED VETERAN OR OTHER PROTECTED
Keywords: New Balance Athletics, Inc., Gilroy , Retail Team Lead (FT), Hospitality & Tourism , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!