Human Resources Business Partner - Gilroy
Company: United Natural Foods, Inc.
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Human Resources Business Partner - Gilroy The Human Resources
Business Partner is responsible for executing action items that
support key projects and initiatives within the facility/group.
Reporting to the HR Director or Manager, the HR Business Partner is
responsible for effective execution of human resources strategies
in areas such as Talent Development, Workforce Planning, Talent
Selection, Engagement, Recognition, Performance Management,
Organizational Development, Training, Associate Relations,
Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Risk Safety, Labor Relations,
Sustainability and Philanthropy. Job Responsibilities Business
- Builds effective working relationships with business
- Leverages an understanding of business needs and works closely
with leaders to optimize human capital to meet strategic
- Acts as a primary point of contact and provides counsel and
consulting services to internal partners across all levels of the
organization, including Senior leaders.
- Provides coaching to individual contributors, with the goal of
making others successful. Participates and collaborates in
supervisor, management, and staff meetings. Talent & Onboarding
- Responsible for implementing the workforce and talent agenda
that attracts the right people in a competitive market and drives
enterprise productivity, in partnership with Talent
- Implements effective onboarding strategies and plans for
successful assimilation of new hires.
- Prepare and communicate information to new employees upon hire
date. Provide orientation of the Company policies. Prepare
pre-employment and new hire paperwork as required by the Company,
State and Federal regulations. Deliver training programs, as
assigned. Engagement & Associate Relations
- Responsible for being a steward of the company culture.
- Uses discretion and ensures that associate questions are
promptly and courteously resolved.
- Drive employee engagement efforts through execution of employee
feedback survey, analysis of results and development of action
plans, as assigned.
- Addresses associate concerns with open communication
techniques. Communicates with associates in a timely and courteous
- Handles basic employment relations issues, including reviewing
recommendation with HR Manager and escalating, as appropriate.
Execution of HR Activities and Programs
- Executes on assigned HR functions, accurately and timely.
- Leverages best practices and participates in collaboration
within the region/group, and nationally.
- Executes on tactics supporting HR programs within the facility,
in accordance with HR processes and programs.
- Builds effective working relationships with HR team
- Completes reports and information requests accurately and
- Maintains and updates HRIS records and associate files. Ensures
associate files are complete and compliant.
- Complete Personnel actions, including partnering with Total
Rewards or HR Shared Services to obtain recommendation and
approvals, ensure transaction is appropriately processed and that
associate data is accurate.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues to share best practices and
leverage successes across the company
- Supports peer networks across the company.
- Executes tactics to support core annual programs, such as
performance objectives and goal setting, performance evaluations,
compensation planning, talent assessment, succession planning,
wellness, annual enrollment, etc.
- Executes tactics to support local/department-level programs for
areas such as, workforce planning, engagement, recognition,
training, wellness, and labor relations.
- Possesses working knowledge of HR policies and procedures as
well as federal, state/province and local laws.
- Executes human resources tactics, including recordkeeping,
talent development, promotions, employee relations, terminations,
exit interviews, recordkeeping, etc. in accordance with Company
procedures and applicable legal requirements. Implements
Affirmative Action Plan and goals, where applicable.
- Provides transparency into work.
- Leverages network for learning when encountering a new
challenge. Manages personal development following changes to
company, business and/or HR. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- PHR/SPHR/CHRL/CPHR Certification preferred Experience:
- 3-5 years of HR experience, or related field Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Federal, state/province and local
- Understanding of talent acquisition techniques, including
recruitment, interviewing skills, and selection.
- Understanding of compensation and benefit policies and
programs, employee relations practices. Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Analytical skills
- Action Oriented
- Communicating Effectively
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Displaying Confidence and Composure
- Assessing and Understanding People
- Delivering High Quality Work
- Some travel may be required
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other
office equipment during normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is
an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive
and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. #LI-Onsite Additional Information
- Company Name: United Natural Foods West Inc
- Schedule: Full-time Compensation
- Pay Range: $56,400 - 102,000 Annually ($27.12 - 49.23 Hourly)
Compensation: UNFI anticipates paying the above-referenced pay rate
(or within the above-referenced pay range) for this position.
Actual Pay, where applicable, will depend on a number of factors,
including, but not limited to, education, experience, training, and
any requirements under applicable collective bargaining agreements.
UNFI is committed to transparency in pay in compliance with
applicable state and local laws. For Washington positions (or
positions that may be performed remotely from Washington), -Click
HERE -for Washington-specific paid time off details. Candidates
hired into this position will also be eligible to participate in
the following benefits programs: Paid Time Off; Sick Time; paid
holidays and parental leave; 401K Program; medical, dental, vision,
life, and accidental death/dismemberment insurance; short-term and
long-term disability insurance program, Flexible Spending Account
and/or Health Savings Account, subject to meeting the eligibility
requirements and the terms and conditions of these programs, and
subject to any requirements under applicable collective bargaining
agreements. Sales Positions Only: For sales positions that are
commission-based, the above range is an estimate of total potential
commission-based compensation during an associate's first year, but
UNFI offers an introductory period minimum of $1,000 per week.
After the introductory period, as a 100% commission-based role,
there is no set salary. UNFI's commission plans are uncapped and
average earnings vary depending on territory and sales achieved,
among other factors. UNFI's compensation, benefits, and paid time
off policies are subject to change in the Company's sole
discretion, consistent with applicable law. This job posting should
not be construed as an offer of employment with certain terms, nor
should it be construed as a guaranteed minimum. My ProfileCreate
and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Keywords: United Natural Foods, Inc., Gilroy , Human Resources Business Partner - Gilroy, Human Resources , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...