Community Support Facilitator Temp/Sub
Company: Hope Services
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Location: Gilroy, CATeam: Employment, Media, & Community
Connections - EMCC Team /Work Type: On-Call/SubstituteHope Services
is Silicon Valley's leading provider of services to people with
developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We serve
approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties and
provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks
candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of
staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to
promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all
Provides support and leadership for consumers to participate in
activities and receive services in community settings. Activities
and services are defined by the consumer and his or her Person
Centered Plan and Individualized Personal Plan.
The following are the essential functions of the position. An
employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out
1. Provide group and/or individual support in the community as
identified in the consumer's Individualized Personal Plan.
2. Develop opportunities for consumers to participate as valued and
contributing members of the community. Facilitate and model
interactive relationships with community members.
3. Facilitate and develop activities to build relationships,
skills, and experience in the community. Travel with and/or
transport client throughout the local community.
4. Develop and expand consumer participation in typical and generic
community activities chosen by the consumer.
5. Act as advocate on behalf of consumers served.
6. Complete required forms and accountability documentation,
incident reports, case recordings, IPPs and other required
7. Maintain a professional relationship with consumers, family
members and appropriate others. Represent HOPE in the community in
a professional manner.
8. Implement behavioral intervention plan when needed to assure
consumer safety and promote learning.
9. Coordinates consumer programming with Center's activities,
services, and staff.
10. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
11. Perform other duties as assigned, to assure efficiency of
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent, plus two years of related
experience working with people with disabilities in a
rehabilitation environment, or an approved combination of
experience and education.
Possession of a valid California driver's license and clear driving
record. Approval by HOPE's insurance carrier may be required.
Reports To: Assigned Program Coordinator, Manager.
Supervisory Responsibility: none
Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. A belief that all people are valued members of the
2. An understanding of the principles of normalization and
commitment to community integration.
3. Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of
4. Excellent communication and documentation skills including use
of computerized word program and data base.
5. Knowledge and understanding of alternative communication systems
and assistive technology.
6. CPR and First Aid certification.
7. Positive and cooperative attitude toward a consumer driven
service system working with developmentally disabled adults.
8. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and work in a consumer
9. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a diverse
Extensive travel around town and in the consumer community; use of
public transportation where possible; exposure to climatic
conditions, heat, cold, humidity, dampness, sun, pollens;
lifting/carrying supplies for consumer supports to and from
locations, walking, standing, visual/auditory acuity while
supporting consumer in the community; position is community based
and in local and consumer home community, climbing stairs to reach
the consumer is occasionally necessary; work alone as well as
closely with others, sitting for periods of time in meetings and
use of office environment; produce work on computers/office
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and
appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social
or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability,
HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family or parental status, or any other
Keywords: Hope Services, Gilroy , Community Support Facilitator Temp/Sub, Other , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!