Company: Power Personnel
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Licensed Practical
Reports To: Clinical Director
Experience required: 2 Years LVN/LPN Minimum
The LPN practices under the direction of a registered nurse and
provides nursing and facilitation services for assigned clients
within a designated site. The LPN on the Rehabilitation Team
contributes to and implements evidence-based treatment strategies
that are related to self-care and that promote physical,
psychosocial, and spiritual health. The LPN also provides training
to clients or family members regarding how to promote health,
wellness and medical stability as well as to staff.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Timely identification of individuals in need of medical nursing
services or interventions. Provides interventions as needed.
- Possesses the specialized knowledge and clinical skills
necessary to provide care for clients; performs hands on nursing
care and facilitator care by using nursing process.
- Trains/educates families, funders, employers, significant
others and uses appropriate resources to develop and implement an
individualized teaching and discharge plan.
- Coordinates nursing care activities in collaboration with other
members of the interdisciplinary team to facilitate achievement of
treatment plan and goals.
- Contributes to the nursing assessment of clients and their
families, as well as their educational and discharge needs.
- Implements the interdisciplinary plan of care within the scope
of LPN practice and provides nursing care and education directly or
in collaboration with Brain Injury specialists, as needed, to
maintain and restore function and prevent complications and further
- Contributes to the evaluation of the nursing care and to the
modification of the plan as needed to achieve measurable goals and
- Takes responsibility for communicating all necessary
medical/nursing information to appropriate team members, physicians
and other health care providers.
- Takes responsibility for seeking out current information
regarding client’ s program and ReMed information (e.g., staff
comm., rounds summaries, meeting minutes, client strategies,
postings, memos, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring consistent implementation of
strategies through teaching team members, eliciting feedback from
team members, reviewing medical documentation including trackers,
lab work, etc.
- Complies with professional standards of treatment, licensure
and state regulations.
- Demonstrates ability to support clients in difficult situations
(e.g. refusal of activities, medications, and strategies).
- Works directly with the client and provides minimum to maximum
assistance and/or supervision to promote the client’ s success in
achieving identified treatment
- Provides direct clinical care as needed.
- Responsible for teaching other team members strategies needed
to support client treatment goals.
- Responsible for participation in orientation and staff training
regarding health related issues.
- Prioritizes tasks to balance direct client treatment, staff
communication, assigned program responsibilities and written
- Ensures completion of all necessary medical documentation
including med progress notes, changes to medication record and
medication log forms, etc.
- Responsible for recording the date and length of each client
contact or service in the Client Info system.
- Documents each nursing session on nursing progress note as they
- Completes nursing assessments and evaluation documentation
according to established time frames.
- Participates in collaborative problem solving with the team and
supports the clinical team decision making process.
- Keeps current with professional certification or licensing
requirements, participates in continuing education and keeps
abreast of new developments, trends, and treatment modalities in
area of specialization.
ReMed Core Competencies
Upholds ReMed’ s mission and guiding principles by demonstrating
professionalism and maturity in work behavior, ethical conduct,
sound judgment, and personal integrity.
Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with others and
effectively uses the communication and interpersonal skills needed
to achieve company goals and accomplish individual work performance
Understands and appropriately applies procedures, requirements,
regulations, and policies related to specialized area of expertise
and brain injury rehabilitation. Applies and improves
extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment
to accomplish a result or to accomplish one' s job
Demonstrates a commitment for achieving and maintaining exemplary
work performance and positively impacting ReMed’ s overall missions
and business objectives. Creates and supports an
organizational culture which encourages others to provide the
quality of service essential to high performance and operational
Education & Experience
PA licensure as a LPN is required. Experience in the
rehabilitation of chronically or catastrophically ill or injured is
recommended. Demonstrated accountability and skills in analysis,
problem solving, decision making, related to medical nursing skills
and time management required. The ability to communicate in writing
and verbally with families, clients, staff and physicians is a
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Regularly required to communicate, both orally and in writing;
occasionally required to speak on the telephone for extended
periods of time.
- Occasionally required to sit; regularly required to bend,
stoop, and kneel; frequently required to stand and walk.
- Regularly required to use hands to type, grasp, handle, or
feel; reach, push or pull with hands and arms; and talk or
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to demonstrate a high degree of attention to
details, quality standards and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to handle and organize multiple
priorities and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 30% of the time spent
working in this position.
- Must have the ability to occasionally lift and or move 50 lbs.
- ReMed has determined that all staff are at risk for exposure to
potentially infectious materials based on the duties entailed in
working with clients or in an office setting. This position
has been classified as a role within the organization that may
incur occasional occupational exposure based on the job’ s duties
The physical requirements described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It may not constitute
an exhaustive statement of the essential functions,
responsibilities or requirements of the job, which are dictated by
the needs of the office, department and supervisor(s) to whom the
employee is assigned. Employment is at will. Accordingly, ReMed may
change the functions and responsibilities of this position at any
Keywords: Power Personnel, Gilroy , LVN, Other , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!