Company: Hope Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Location: Gilroy, CA
Team: Community Employment Services - Supported Employment
Work Type: Full-Time
Hope Services is Silicon Valley's leading provider of services to
people with developmental disabilities and mental health needs. We
serve approximately 3,500 people and their families in six counties
and provide a broad spectrum of services. Hope Services seeks
candidates who share our inspirations & aspirations. Selection of
staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to
promoting diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging at all
Provides individualized service to HOPE clients to assess and
remediate personal and social barriers, which inhibit success in
community settings. May also provide job-site training and
intervention as assigned for HOPE clients place in community
employment settings and work closely with clients and employers to
determine job training goals and ongoing success. Assures quality
of services provided, are consistent with HOPE's mission and
Hourly pay rate $17.00 -$ 18.50 commensurate with experience.
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of
the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for
carrying out the following functions:
1. Provides needed supports to assure client success in employment
placements. Evaluation, training, goal setting and follow-up
services for successful job retention.
2. Acts as a liaison with the employer, providing training and
supports, consultation on employment related issues for success of
long term employment.
3. Acts as a program monitor to assigned clients, provides advocacy
and referrals as needed. Assists clients with accommodations and
ADA related issues.
4. Complies with employer policies and procedures while assigned to
5. Represents the Agency in the community. Maintains a professional
relationship with family members, employers, and funding
6. Completes all required reports and documentation, maintains
complete and accurate case files, conducts annual and semi-annual
meetings, prepares individualized service plans.
7. Assures compliance with Agency and departmental safety and
8. Works independently in the community, develops and implements
instructional plans, social skill training and provides
interventions as needed.
9. Works in a variety of settings and assignments as needed to
accommodate changing needs and or requests by contracting
employers, including hours of work and location.
10. Performs task analysis and time studies for wage evaluations as
required by DOL.
11. Acts as a mandated abuse reporter.
12. May perform other duties as assigned to assure the efficiency
of the program.
Minimum Qualifications :
High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent plus one year of related
experience working with people with disabilities in a
Reports To: Program Coordinator or Site Manager
Supervisory Responsibility none
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1 Ability to understand and relate to individuals with
disabilities, their families, the community and HOPE personnel.
2. Flexibility in scheduling of work hours, location and type of
assignments within the greater service region.
3. Ability to observe, evaluate, document and communicate verbally
and in writing.
4. Ability to accept supervision and work cooperatively as a team
member with all Employment Services staff as well as with the
client and employers.
5. Ability to teach good work habits and social skills to
individuals with developmental disabilities in a variety of
6. Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision making
situations, good organizational and record keeping skills, and good
7. Basic computer knowledge.
8. Ability to perform all duties associated with time study
9. Knowledge and commitment to the principles and concepts of
10. Ability to be flexible with scheduling and prioritization of
11. Ability to transport self and clients to multiple employer
locations as needed.
Physical & Environmental Conditions
Extensive amount of time driving and transporting clients in the
local community, standing and walking. Exposure to dust, noise,
pollens and various weather conditions; writing and computer work;
use of machinery in a production environment as well as large
equipment at employer locations.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in
maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business
Visit to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees not regardless of, but with consideration and
appreciation for race, color, religion or belief, national, social
or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability,
HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family or parental status, or any other
Keywords: Hope Services, Gilroy , Job Coach, Other , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!