Assistant Store Manager- Van Heusen
Company: Phillips - Van Heusen Corporation
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Position Guidelines- Assistant Manager
Responsible for the overall performance of the store and assists
Store Manager with generating sales potential, recruiting and
developing staff, maintaining store appearance, controlling
expenses and shortages.
- Maximize sales volume.
- Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with
division philosophy and direction.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication
- Take an active role in networking, recruiting, hiring,
training, and developing store associates.
- Proficient in all operational policies and procedures.
- Manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Assume leadership role with Floor Supervisor and Sales
- Responsible for all activities with-in the store in the absence
of the Store Manager.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES
- Ensure customer service is the #1 priority
- Effectively supervise the sales floor to ensure customer /
associate awareness at all times.
- Understand and create awareness of the factors to impact sales
- Motivate and develop associates to meet store goals /
- Clearly delegate activities and follow-up on all
- Demonstrate teamwork within store and company.
- Take initiative and use sound judgement.
- Develop growth potential in associates.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrate professional image and conduct.
- Follow specific divisional dress code policy.
- Ensure that store staff is treated professionally, courteously
- Involve and develop staff in accomplishing store goals.
- Control turnover.
- Take an active role in own development.
- Communicate staff concerns to management.
- Support all company / management decisions.
- Utilize all training programs / materials effectively.
- Execute and follow-up on all operational policies, procedures
- Execute and follow-up on the Inventory Shrinkage Improvement
- Ensure accuracy in all paperwork.
- Attend mall / center meetings in the absence of the Store
- Maintain store appearance to reflect division standard.
- Execute and maintain divisional marketing directives.
- Interpret and execute floor plans and guidelines.
- React to sell through and ensure store is well stocked.
- POS set up is timely and detailed.
- Execute markdowns and re-merchandise as needed.
- Have knowledge of the store merchandise.
- Have knowledge of sales floor and stockroom organization.
- Keep management informed of all merchandise-related
- Retail background preferred-previous management experience
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity
employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis
of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent
with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender
identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
physical or mental disability, military status or any other
characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In
addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a
strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring
that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely
on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational
background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve
these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH
prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting
or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior
wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with
the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to
disclose this salary history information to PVH
Keywords: Phillips - Van Heusen Corporation, Gilroy , Assistant Store Manager- Van Heusen, Other , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!