Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVN
Company: Power Personnel
Posted on: June 2, 2021
LVN – Immediate – Small Setting 2 Licensed staff to 6
The needs are ASAP and will last 3 months and has a potential for
Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN)
Director of Nursing (DON) Supervises: Certified Nursing
The primary role of the LVN/LPN is to provide nursing care, within
their scope of practice, to residents in accordance with the
interdisciplinary plan of care, regulatory guidelines,
CareMeridian’ s Policies and Procedures and under the general
supervision of the Director of Nursing. Emphasis is placed on
CareMeridian’ s mission and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Perform and document resident assessments upon admission and on
an on-going basis through discharge.
2. Complete all required nursing documentation accurately and
3. Participate in “ hand off” report.
4. Observe, record and report to supervisor or physician in a
timely manner, any changes in the resident’ s condition.
5. Participates in the development and updating of the
Interdisciplinary Plan of Care within the required timeframes.
6. Implement the plan of care, using appropriate nursing
interventions according to CareMeridian’ s Policies and Procedures
and regulatory guidelines.
7. Administer and document medications and treatments as ordered,
and observe and document the resident’ s response.
8. Transcribe and carry out physicians’ orders.
9. Initiate emergency procedures per CareMeridian’ s Policy and
Procedure, if needed.
10. Assist physicians as necessary.
11.Actively participate in Infection Prevention Program.
12. Maintain accurate infection tracking records.
13. Participate in Interdisciplinary Team Conferences, as
14. Provide resident and/or caregiver education.
15. Communicate and cooperate with the interdisciplinary team to
ensure that all therapeutic interventions are carried out
16. Attend and participate in continuing education programs per
CareMeridian’ s policies and regulatory guidelines.
17. Complete and submit Incident and Accident Reports as
18. Follow Safety Policies and Procedures at all times to include
participation in fire and emergency management drills.
19. Maintain the confidentiality of all residents’ data, per HIPAA
20. Participate in the Performance Improvement Program.
21. Use equipment per manufacturers’ instructions.
22. Participates in coaching and supervising CNA’ s daily duties
Supervisory decisions are executed using independent judgment and
discretion in maintaining the delivery of quality resident care by
ensuring that the nursing care plan is followed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- A current and active LVN/LPN license issued by this
- Preferably one (1) year’ s experience working with medically
- Trach and vent required!
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Current LVN/LPN license issued by this state.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care
- Valid driver’ s license. Language Skills:
- Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with
physicians, supervisor, staff, residents, and their families and/or
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged
Keywords: Power Personnel, Gilroy , Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVN, Other , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!