Maint Technician III
Posted on: January 1, 2020
Job Summary: (including but not limited to the following; other
duties may be assigned):
Performs mechanical and/or electrical maintenance on plant
equipment to support optimum efficiency, availability, and plant
appearance. Works call-outs as required to maintain plant
availability. Performs maintenance activities around the repair,
replacement, installation and removal of mechanical and/or
electrical equipment and associated structures. Responsibilities
include inspecting and verifying maintenance clearances prior to
work, troubleshooting, disassembling, reassembling, and replacing
equipment and associated parts, monitoring plant equipment and
analyzing operating data. While the focus of work is primarily on
repair and maintenance, may also perform some preventative
maintenance activities including troubleshooting and assisting with
the development of preventative maintenance procedures and
recommended spares list/inventory as required. Assists with
planning and spare parts inventory including following procedures
around requisitioning of parts and supplies. Prepares all reports
as directed by management and plant procedures. Ensures compliance
with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures.
Maintains safe work environment and contributes to operating
procedures to ensure consistent and safe operations.
* Senior-level; recognized technical expertise in own and possibly
* Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties
requiring specialized knowledge.
* Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical
* Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities
effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or
* Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results are
of the highest quality standards and advanced technical
* Errors may be serious, usually not subject to direct verification
* Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
* Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with Team
Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in resolution
of complex issues.
* Works under limited supervision.
* Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the
completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by
* Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in
complex technical areas.
* High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or
* Senior-level; generally 10+ years directly related experience
including understanding of health and safety regulations, and
previous experience working with and around hazardous energy,
chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling,
storage, and transport.
* Requires basic knowledge of physics and applied mathematics to
facilitate understanding of cogeneration power plant systems such
as turbines, generators, pumps, motors, shaft-to-shaft alignment,
seal times, and valves.
* Skills may be in the areas of mechanical, instrumentation and
control and/or electrical maintenance. Must have welding skills
and/or operation of machine tools such as lathes, mills, etc.
Requires experience with industrial frame combustion turbine
* Advanced certifications/licensures. Valid state driver s
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and
providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical
and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for
employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use
our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on
requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided
by OFCCP, please visit
Keywords: Calpine, Gilroy , Maint Technician III, Professions , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!