Company: Covenant Living
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!Part of a nation wide family
of Continuing Care Retirement Communities is seeking a Maintenance
Mechanic, Skilled HVAC. This position will be responsible for
providing skilled HVAC maintenance services to keep the facility
buildings, grounds, and equipment in good repair. In so doing,
significant contributions are made to the safety, well-being and
comfort of residents and employees.
In this role, the Maintenance Mechanic, Skilled HVAC will:
- Perform preventative maintenance, operate, maintain and repair
HVAC equipment such as boilers, chillers, pumps, campus split
systems, mini-splits, ptacs, air handler units and cooling
- Ensure that all equipment is working properly and in compliance
with established departmental service and maintenance
- Read and interpret data from a computerized HVAC/energy
management system, charts, gauges, dials, thermostats; makes
adjustments or repairs to appropriate equipment and
- Repair and install HVAC electrical and pneumatic components
such as motors, compressors and heat pumps.
- Complete assigned work requests and assigned preventative
maintenance work orders as assigned by supervisor such as, but not
limited to auto/small engine mechanics, carpentry, appliance
repair, plumbing, electrical, emergency generators, low voltage
applications, swimming pools, fire alarms, valves, fixtures, locks
in accordance with Holmstad procedures and industry acceptable
- Prolonged standing, walking, bending and stooping; lifting and
carrying heavy objects on level surfaces and/or stairways, on
ladders and on scaffolding up to 20' high.
- Inspect facilities, systems and their components for the
purpose of ensuring safety and cleanliness, and identifying
- Use a variety of hand tools and small power tools and other
- Maintain tools and/or equipment for ensuring the availability
of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Require general labor and responsibility for event set-ups,
deliveries and moves.
- Basic understanding and care of building systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot building and equipment issues as they
- Willingness to learn and expand trade knowledge of maintenance
- Availability to be included in the on-call schedule.The ideal
candidate will have:
- High school education or equivalent required.
- HVAC Certification.
- Other vocational or a technical school certificate.
- Valid Driver's License in the State and good driving
- Five years of experience required.
- Ability to use electronic Facilities Management work order
- Advanced skill in a multitude of the following areas:
auto/small engine mechanics, carpentry, appliance repair, plumbing,
electrical, emergency generators, low voltage applications,
swimming pools, fire alarms, valves, fixtures, alarms, locks.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and ability to work
independently to complete assignments in required time. An ability
to recognize problems and implement the appropriate solution.
- Able to create and maintain inventory and part supplies.
- Work requires physical effort and manual dexterity. Must be
able to lift 70 pounds.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written in English and
the ability to interact with residents and staff in a pleasant
- Interest in and desire to work with older adults.For full time
employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Homeare equal opportunity
employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or
ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected
veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other
characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
- Able to comfortably lift 40 lbs
- Able to stand for duration of shift
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Background check
Keywords: Covenant Living, Gilroy , HVAC/Maintenance Technician, Professions , Turlock, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!