Research Breeding Technician
Company: Vilmorin Mikado USA
Posted on: November 17, 2022
The fourth-largest seed company in the world. Limagrain is an
international cooperative group created and directed by French
farmers. As a creator and producer of plantvarieties, Limagrain
markets field seeds, vegetable seeds, and cereal products.
Vilmorin-Mikado USA, Inc. is the Business Unit of Group Limagrain,
a socially conscious company headquartered in France and Japan;
specializes in breeding, producing, and marketing vegetable and
tree seeds for professional farmers worldwide. The diversity within
our multicultural teams drives the company's growth strategy
through quality products, expertise,and commitment to excellence.
Vilmorin-Mikado USA, Inc., is the North American operation of
Vilmorin-Mikado and is the reporting location for this position.
This position reports to Iceberg Lettuce and Baby Greens
*Purpose: *Assist the breeding programs by working with the
research and development team to manage seed productions and seed
inventory, coordinate seed samples for testing, enter data, and
assist with other clerical duties.
*Primary Functions: *
- Management of inventory of research seeds, including entering
harvest and yield data into our database management system.
- Keeping the seed storage room organized by returning used seed
lots and inserting new seed lots into their proper locations.
- Inspect incoming seed lots for purity and potential mistakes.
- Assemble trial lots of seeds based on breeding requests.
- Communicate with the breeding teams on the timing of shipments
and preparation of seed samples to meet deadlines.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to share progress and
discuss opportunities for improvement.
- Provide a monthly activity report.
- High school Diploma/GED
- Experience with seed inventory or inventory experience
- Basic office environment experience (phone, copying, faxing,
- Computer Skills (Word, Excel, E-Mail)
- Valid driver's license & clean driving record
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Vilmorin Mikado USA, Gilroy , Research Breeding Technician, Professions , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!