Posted on: April 9, 2019
Job Summary: (responsibilities include but are not limited to the
following, other duties may be assigned):
Creates plans that permit the continued operation of equipment and
systems affecting the company s business operations to a
substantial degree. Responsible for determining, monitoring, and
administering maintenance and operation work schedules to meet
plant productivity needs. In coordination with plant management and
project managers, develops and implements work schedules after
evaluating maintenance, operations, and engineering needs.
Exercises discretion and independent judgment based on plant
operations, maintenance needs, resources, and timing
considerations. Involved in planning long- and short-term business
objectives involving maintenance, repair, and replacement of
equipment. Provides consultation and expert advice to management.
Investigates and resolves maintenance issues.
Additionally responsible for assessing priority of maintenance
requests (both long- and short-term), determining job requirements,
and determining appropriate staffing resources. Exercises
discretion and independent judgment to integrate plant needs with
maintenance/operation resources in setting work schedules.
Formulates maintenance plans, budgets, material requirement list,
budget tracking tools, and develops metrics to demonstrate
performance and drive improvements of maintenance operations.
Exercises discretion and independent judgment to administer
schedule changes due to backlogs, design changes, and material or
labor shortages. Provides strategic advice based on evaluating
possible repairs and deciding whether equipment needs to be
modified or replaced.
* Seasoned professional with administrative skill and advanced
* Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance and plant operations.
* Administers maintenance program with particular emphasis on
establishing work plan to effect operation/maintenance performance
* Performs little or no physical work.
* Makes decisions concerning complex issues regarding project
components and tasks.
* Leads, researches, prepares, plans and schedules exercising
discretion in formulating solutions using independent
* Develops new processes, tools and services; develops new
products, services or techniques.
* Makes decisions requiring exercise of discretion and independent
judgment regarding matters of significance ranging from moderate to
complex maintenance and operations planning issues.
* Directs senior professional in selection of methods, techniques,
and analytical approaches.
* Advises management team in planning long and short-term business
objectives and in developing new maintenance reports, standards,
metrics and policies.
* Able to administer maintenance planning based on general plant
and operations policies with little or no day-to-day direction.
* Administers work of professionals, technicians, and others both
inside and outside of own department.
* Work is primarily office or non-manual work related to the plant
* Must compare and evaluate possible courses of action and make a
decision after various possibilities have been considered
* Has authority to wave or deviate from established policies and
procedures in exceptional circumstances.
* Advises management on best policies and practices for
coordinating resources to achieve maintenance goal and regularly
keeps management abreast on actionable solutions to planning
* Collaborate and solve problems works with others to resolve
significant issues in the plant, clarifies or interprets complex
information, provide initial screening/remediation.
* Bachelor s Degree and vocational/technical experience and
education in maintenance, engineering-related field, or
* Expert in department-specific software, databases, and
spreadsheets; strong understanding of power maintenance/plant
operations functions, administrative controls, or related.
* Generally requires 7 years experience.
* Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment as well
as mastery of maintenance and control operations functions
necessary to administer maintenance.
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and
providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical
and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for
employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use
our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on
requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided
by OFCCP, please visit
Keywords: Calpine, Gilroy , Maintenance Planner, Professions , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!