IC&E Technician II
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Job Summary: (responsibilities include but are not limited to the
following, other duties may be assigned):
Maintains and repairs electrical equipment and instrumentation.
Monitors, maintains, and repairs plant Distributed Control System
(DCS). Monitors, maintain, and repairs gas turbine, steam turbine
control systems, generators, transformers, and switchgear.
Maintain, calibrate and repair plant electrical, instrumentation,
and control systems. Perform routine trouble shooting activities.
Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to
effectively accomplish required maintenance in and efficient and
organized manner. Optimize plant preventative maintenance program
to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirements, and corporate
maintenance philosophy. Responsible for maintaining logs, manuals,
records, blueprints and operating procedures in a neat and
professional manner. Provide written reports on control system
conditions when required. Incorporates safe behavior into all
activities and consistently complies with all established safety
and health policies and procedures, helps to identify and eliminate
or actively manage risks in all work activities.
* Journey-level; specialized technical knowledge with function.
* Performs a variety of technical service/support duties that are
semi-routine in nature.
* Routine and non-routine decisions with some latitude, but still
subject to approval.
* With limited guidance, prioritizes and executes responsibilities
effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or
* Work periodically reviewed by others; work reflects solid
performance of duties.
* Errors have small and possibly incremental impact on department
or facility, and discovered in succeeding operations where work is
verified or checked.
* Completes tasks and resolves problems that require an ability to
recognize deviation from accepted practices.
* Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most
complex issues to higher levels.
* Works under general supervision.
* Prioritizes daily activities to complete tasks/projects assigned
* May assist with orienting and training employees in moderately
complex to complex areas.
* High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or
* Journey-level; 2-5 years of experience in instrument/electrical
and control system applications.
* Strong mechanical aptitude with an advanced understanding of
chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
* Experience with DCS programming and configuration
* Basic certifications/licensures. Valid state driver s
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and
providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical
and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for
employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use
our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with
your request to email@example.com. Determination on
requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided
by OFCCP, please visit
Keywords: Calpine, Gilroy , IC&E Technician II, Professions , Gilroy, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!